Updates: Coping with coronavirus
As Mansford works to reduce the spread of COVID-19, it is also important that we each take care of ourselves in every possible way and that we assist in individual and community efforts to prevent further spread of this virus.
The current evidence is that most cases (~80%) of COVID-19 appear to be mild. The most common symptoms include fever (38°C/ 100.4 °F) and respiratory complaints such as cough and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can lead to pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Those with chronic underlying medical conditions appear to be at high risk for serious complications. Runny nose, sore throat, vomiting, and diarrhea are less commonly present.
Read more about COVID-19 Symptoms.
Do what you can to help prevent the spread of the virus
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Don’t share food and drinks.
- Clean and disinfect shared surfaces and objects that are touched frequently (e.g. door knobs, desks, phones).
- If you can, avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.